Terms and Conditions
By using this website, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use, which govern the DDA’s relationship with you in relation to this website. If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, please do not use our website.
The terms ‘Derby Diocesan Association of Church Bell Ringers’, ‘DDA’, ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is only permitted under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike licence i.e. you must acknowledge the author (DDA) in any works derived from this site.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- This website also includes links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to receive further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Data Protection Notice
(Also see draft GDPR statement)
The DDA holds your personal data in compliance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998, and abides by the 8 data protection principles enshrined in the ACT. The DDA will not not divulge personal data to any third party.
DDA members may inspect and amend their personal data online by registering as a DDA Member. They may allow other members of the DDA, or members of the public (if you are a DDA Officer) to view their personal data by selecting the appropriate options.
The following individuals and officers are able to view in full and amend members personal data:
- Yourself, if you are logged in as a DDA member
- Other adult members of your household (logged in as a DDA member)
- Your official tower correspondent (logged in as Tower@derbyda.org.uk)
- Your district secretary (logged in as District@derbyda.org.uk)
- The Webmaster (Andrew Hall) and Membership Secretary (Anthony Cotton)
The following officers are able to view in full your members data
Also note that membership data is printed in our annual report:
- Name and tower your ring at
- Phone number, unless you have elected to have this suppressed.
- Postal address, if you are the registered correspondent for your tower
If you are not a member of the DDA, but are a registered subscriber, only the webmaster and membership secretary (as system administrators) have access to your personal data.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act, the Data Controller is the Webmaster (Andrew Hall).